2.17.2007

Rage Against the Machine

Most of you know they had a reunion concert at Cochella. What you may not know is that this has the potential to be more permanent.
Chris Cornell has stated he is leaving Adioslave. They claim the reunion was a one-shot deal but you gotta wonder.. what will these guys do for a front man? Are we going to see some third permutation of the band? If we do I hope it is better than Audioslave was. Don't get me wrong, they where pretty good, there was a lot of talent in that group. I just feel that some of the songs sounded forced. You got Chris Cornell whining singing melodically then you drop into some hard driving RAtM style chorus or guitar solo. It just didn't mesh as well as it could in some of the songs, they didn't sound as cohesive as they should have.
Granted, that is what alot of people liked about RAtM, you got the hard lined guitars then good ol' Zach comes in spitting lyrics like a pissed off rapper.
I hope these guys don't call it quits. I also hope that if Zach de la Rocha doesn't stick around permanently they find someone that was just as innovative as he was. Preferably someone that doesn't already have a well established solo career like Chris did.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Personally I think you have some sort of deep seeded judgement against Chris Cornell.

Maybe you are just mad you never "got" the video for "Black Hold Sun".

Or you could really just miss Zac that much.

I admit it, I think Zac is a better fit for Tom Morrello and company.

What I'm really hoping for is some good ole RATM social action type music.