11.29.2006

Clarification

Has our society of spoon fed information and comedy in a box sitcom watching been so detrimental to the ability to think and reason that we no longer see a joke when it is staring us in the face? Perhaps I am just not as obvious or as ironic as I though I was.
After the 5th comment (oddly enough all by private contact, either in person or email) about my blog title being misspelled I feel compelled to explain the joke.
Yes, I know "blissfull" is spelled wrong. It is part of the irony of the title. I did this on purpose.
The tried and true rule for telling jokes is "if you have to explain it then the joke isn't funny".
It actually saddens me that this is the case because I thought the title was quite clever. I understand that small spelling errors like this have become much more common with the advent of online communications but I also thought those around me had more respect for my abilities, especially since Firefox 2.o has a built in spell checker. I will give credit to those who contacted me in that they all did it through some form of discrete communication instead of what they felt would have been a humiliating public one.

So.. to set the record straight "Blissfull Ignorance" is intentional and a comment on itself. However, now that I have commented on it I am no longer ignorant about it and therefore I have lost my bliss. :P

1 comment:

A.L.O said...

I'm gulity of missing, well more questioning the joke. I thought it might of been a little sticky keyboard action. Sorry to burst the bliss bubble.